The Centre for Indigenous Theatre (CIT)
1. COVID-19 Screening
NOTE: You are required to do two online screenings prior to coming to class at CIT.
Screening #1 for the Arstcape Youngplace building:
- All families will be required to complete the online Artscape COVID-19 screening survey which can be found here: artscape.ca/c19/. You will receive an email confirmation stating that you are clear to enter. Please email us this confirmation at YPTDramaSchool@youngpeoplestheatre.org or show us your green “checkmark” when you arrive. If the online screening is not done prior to class, it will have to be done prior to entering the building.
- If a parent is entering the building with a student, they will also have to complete Artscape’s screening.
- This will need to be completed every week, on the day of class before coming.
Screening #2 for Young People’s Theatre:
- All students will be required to complete the online YPT COVID-19 health screening survey which can be found here: forms.office.com/r/q4mYMa8aih.
- Please note, if a student answers “Yes” to any of the questions in the on-site questionnaire, they will not be allowed to join the class, and will be asked to go home.
2. Proof of Vaccination
Please refer to Drama School’s General Covid-19 Policies and Procedures here: https://youngpeoplestheatre.org/dramaschool/front-page/covid-19-protocols/.
3. Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Our classes and teachers have been organized into cohorts. Drop-offs and Pick-ups must happen within the 10 minutes prior to and after each class.
- Our classes and teachers have been organized into cohorts. Drop-offs and Pick-ups must happen within the 10 minutes prior to and after each class. On the first day, it is very important for you to arrive 10 minutes early.
- After completing the screening, students will be directed to their classroom. Please maintain 2m distance, and wear masks. Each student will have their temperature checked using a contactless thermometer. Should a temperature register at or above 37.8°C, the student will be allowed to wait/rest for up to ten minutes before having their temperature checked again. If they remain above the acceptable level upon this second check, they will not be allowed to join class. Students are allowed to arrive alone, as long as their caregiver has completed the online COVID-19 screening survey in advance.
1. Personal Belongings
All personal belongings should be kept in their personal bag or space. We ask that students do not touch any belongings that are not their own.
We ask that students do not come to class if they are feeling unwell or experiencing new or uncommon symptoms, as outlined in the COVID-19 screening survey. If a student begins to feel ill or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 during class, they will be moved to the studio waiting area where they can wait until a family member is able to pick them up.
Staff, teachers, volunteers, students and parents have access to washrooms in the Centre for Indigenous Theatre’s space. Everyone is required to wear a mask in the washrooms.
4. Supportive and Fun Class Environment
As with all of our YPT drama classes, we expect all of our participants to support a safe and fun learning environment. We ask that all participants do their best job, and help keep each other safe. We expect everyone to build an inclusive, empathic and respectful space. We encourage everyone to ask questions at any point, if they are not clear about what to do.