Saturday Classes in Etobicoke
SK – Grade 8
Assembly Hall in Etobicoke
Session 1 registration is now closed, but Session 2 registration is ongoing!
Here comes the FUN! An amazing line-up of 23.24 Drama School classes is on sale now! New this year, we’re offering two 12-week sessions from September to June. Students will get creative, discover new and fun ways to express themselves, and perform on a YPT stage for family and friends in the session finales! See details below.
Classes in Etobicoke for SK to Gr. 8 take place at the Assembly Hall (1 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.).
Please Note: New students are welcome throughout the year; however each session builds upon the last. Enrolling in both sessions provides the most comprehensive learning experience.
Stay & Play (and Save!): Students enrolled in Gr. 5-6, Gr. 7-8, or Gr. 9-12 classes SAVE 10% on “Scene Study and Performance Skills” class.
All discounts include a free youth ticket, per session, to a show in our 2023.24 season!
Session 1: September – December
In Session 1 students will…
- Build core theatre skills in movement, voice and character
- Develop confidence and creativity through drama exercises, games and improv activities
- Work collaboratively with their peers to foster teamwork, confidence and trust
- Develop their theatrical thinking by working with their peers and professional artist educators to create a presentation for the Mid-Year Performance in December
- Play drama games, laugh with new friends – and have fun!
- Please note there are no classes on Oct. 7, 2023
- Final performances take place on the weekend of Dec. 16-17, 2023.
Session 2: February/March – June
In Session 2 students will…
- Build upon their theatrical skills from Session 1 and learn how to transform their unique ideas into a performance!
- Continue to expand their movement, voice, character, and improv skills through new games and activities
- Collaborate to create their own play, with a unique plot and characters and perform it on stage on the final weekend of the session
- Expand their confidence
- Develop performance skills such as projection and stage presence
- Play drama games, laugh with friends – and have fun!
- Please note there are no classes on Mar. 16, Mar. 30 & May 18, 2024
- Final performances take place on the weekend of June 8-9, 2024.
|Session 1||Sept. 23 – Dec. 16, 2023||9:00AM-10:00AM||Assembly Hall||$375||Sharon Heldt||Limited|
|Session 2||Mar. 2 – June 8, 2024||9:00AM-10:00AM||Assembly Hall||$375||Sharon Heldt||Register Online|
|Session 1||Sept. 23 – Dec. 16, 2023||10:15AM-11:15AM||Assembly Hall||$375||Sharon Heldt||SOLD OUT!|
|Session 2||Mar. 2 – June 8, 2024||10:15AM-11:15AM||Assembly Hall||$375||Sharon Heldt||Register Online|
|Session 1||Sept. 23 – Dec. 16, 2023||11:30AM-1:00PM||Assembly Hall||$425||Sharon Heldt||SOLD OUT!|
|Session 2||Mar. 2 – June 8, 2024||11:30AM-1:00PM||Assembly Hall||$425||Sharon Heldt||Register Online|
|Session 1||Sept. 23 – Dec. 16, 2023||1:15PM-3:15PM||Assembly Hall||$500||Sharon Heldt||Register Online|
|Session 2||Mar. 2 – June 8, 2024||1:15PM-3:15PM||Assembly Hall||$500||Sharon Heldt||Register Online|