Senior Company 2023
YPT 161 Studios
Admission by Audition
Senior Company is an advanced program for committed students seeking to train intensively in the craft of acting. Through a combination of working on a short play and professional workshops, Senior Company members will learn how to lift the script off the page, and explore their voice as creative artists.
The program is held in YPT’s brand new classrooms at YPT 161 Studios (161 Frederick Street) – just across the street from our theatre on Front Street East. The Senior Company meets on Saturdays, 2PM – 5PM, throughout the Winter and Spring. This two-term program culminates in a presentation of the students’ work to be performed in June.
Senior Company Director:
- To see our COVID-19 protocols, click here.
- Auditions are by appointment only and will take place in person Dec. 1 & 2, 2022.
- Contact the Drama School at 416.363.5131 x263 to schedule an audition.
- The final performance will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2023.
- The class price includes tax. If your child is 14 years old or younger, tax will be refunded to you. A Box Office representative will contact you to provide this refund within 48 hours of purchase.
- There are no classes Mar. 11, Mar. 18, Apr. 8 & May 20, 2023.
(Jan. 14 – Jun. 10)
|2PM – 5M||YPT 161 Studios||$690||Sukaina Ibraheem|
The audition process this year involves two things:
- An Expression of Interest form to be submitted by Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
- Auditions will be approximately 40 minutes long. There are three parts to the audition:
- Interview: A short interview with the director of the Senior Company and the Drama School Director.
- Monologue*: A memorized contemporary monologue, no longer than one minute in length, selected from provided options. Please be prepared to be redirected once.
- Scene*: You will workshop a short two-person scene with another auditionee. You do not need to memorize it. You do need to read it over several times, so that you are familiar with the dialogue. You also need to come prepared with choices about the characters’ objectives – what they want from the other person in this scene. You may be asked to read either character. Be prepared to be redirected once.
*Monologue options and scene will be emailed upon confirmation of your audition.
IMPORTANT: Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes that allow you to move freely.
The Expression of Interest form can be found here. Your audition time will be confirmed once you have submitted a completed Registration Form.
An individual 40-minute in-person audition can be chosen from within the following time-frames:
Thursday, Dec. 1: 4:30PM– 7:45PM
OR Friday, Dec. 2: 4:30PM – 7:45PM
If you wish to audition, please contact Taran Bamrah, Drama School Coordinator, at email@example.com to schedule an audition.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at YPTDramaSchool@youngpeoplestheatre.org.
Please note: We will not process your payment until a spot in the Senior Company has been offered and accepted by the student and parent/caregiver. As spots in the Senior Company are limited to a maximum of 10, we encourage students who wish to guarantee Winter term programming to simultaneously register for the Gr. 9-12 Drama class of their choice. Payment will be transferred if student is accepted into the Senior Company.
Bursaries for the Drama School and the Senior Company are funded in part by a generous donation from Ada Slaight.
See the class schedule here.
Questions? Contact us at YPTDramaSchool@youngpeoplestheatre.org.