Summer Drama Camp
On Sale Now!
July 4 – August 25
YPT 161 Studios
Entering SK – Grade 12
We are so excited to make theatre with you this summer!
Summer camp is all about playing drama games, making new friends, having fun, and creating a show that will be performed on a YPT stage! Camps will take place July 4 – August 25 at YPT 161 Studios – our brand new facilities just across the road from the theatre on Front Street. Brand new camps include Clown and Physical Theatre, Playwriting for Teens, and the return of Spoken Word and Musical Theatre! Plus, we’re offering After-Camp Fun for all grades. See details below.
Please Note: For our 2023 Summer Camps, students, staff, volunteers, and faculty are welcomed and supported in their choice to wear a protective mask (or not) while indoors at YPT. Learn more here.
YPT 161 Studios (161 Frederick St.)
Additional Camper Services:
Oﬀered from 3:30PM to 5:00PM for all grades.
$100 for 10-day sessions, $50 for 5-day sessions.
In our Summer Drama Camps students will:
- Develop acting, improv and character creation skills
- Work collaboratively with their peers to foster teamwork, confidence and trust
- Make friends and build community with students their age
- Develop their theatrical thinking by working with their peers and professional artist educators to develop a show that represents their ideas and interests
- Perform a show they created on a YPT stage!
- Play drama games, laugh with new friends – and have fun!
|Entering SK||July 17-21||9:00-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||TBD||Only 2 Spots Left!|
Entering SK – Grade 2
|Entering SK – Gr. 2|
|Entering SK – Gr. 2||Aug. 21-25||9:00-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||TBD||Only 2 Spots Left!|
Entering Grade 1-2
|Entering Gr. 1-2|
|Entering Gr. 1-2||July 24-28||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||Sharon Heldt||Good|
Entering Grade 3-5
|Entering Gr. 3-5|
|Entering Gr. 3-5 (A)||July 4-14||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$695||TBD||Good|
|Entering Gr. 3-5 (B)||Aug. 14-25||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$695||TBD||Best Availability|
Entering Grade 6-8
|Entering Gr. 6-8|
|Entering Gr. 6-8 (A)||July 4-14||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$695||TBD||Good|
|Entering Gr. 6-8 (B)||July 31-Aug. 11||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$695||Sharon Heldt||Best Availability|
NEW! Clown and Physical Theatre (Entering Gr. 5 – 7)
At Clown and Physical Theatre Camp students will:
- Learn the basics of clowning and physical theatre
- Develop their movement and comedy skills
- Learn the importance of play through clowning games and activities
- Develop confidence and risk-taking ability
- Perform a Clown Turn (Clown Show) for friends and family on a YPT stage!
|Clown and Physical Theatre (Entering Gr. 5-7)|
|Clown and Physical Theatre (Entering Gr. 5-7)||July 17-21||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||TBD||Best Availability|
Spoken Word (Entering Gr. 6-8)
At Spoken Word Camp students will…
- Refine their creative writing and poetry skills
- Write, perform and workshop new material
- Develop their performance skills and confidence
- Work collaboratively with their peers to critique and enhance each other’s work
- Perform new work for friends and family on a YPT stage!
|Spoken Word (Entering Gr. 6-8)|
|Spoken Word (Entering Gr. 6-8)||July 24-28||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||TBD||Best Availability|
Playwriting for Teens (Entering Gr. 7-12)
At Playwriting for Teens Camp students will…
- Experience a condensed and exciting version of our Fall and Winter Playwriting for Teens class
- Gain new skills in writing, editing and critiquing
- Write and refine their writing alongside a professional playwright
- Work collaboratively with other passionate playwriting students
- Present written work to friends and family at the end of the week!
|Playwriting for Teens (Entering Gr. 7-12)|
|Playwriting for Teens (Entering Gr. 7-12)||Aug. 14-18||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$360||Robbie Huebner||Best Availability|
Musical Theatre (Entering Gr. 6-9)
At Musical Theatre Camp students will…
- Refine their singing, dancing and acting skills
- Collaboratively create a musical theatre show based on their interests and experiences
- Explore their ability as a choreographer, director and musician
- Perform a musical theatre show for friends and family on a YPT stage!
|Musical Theatre (Entering Gr. 6-9)|
|Musical Theatre (Entering Gr. 6-9)||July 31-Aug. 11||9AM-3:30PM||YPT 161 Studios||$695||Kristen Zaza||Best Availability|
Questions? Contact the Drama School at YPTDramaSchool@youngpeoplestheatre.org.